Looking for a traditional holiday recipe with a twist? You’re in for a treat with this savory, sweet but salty appetizer. Try this flavorful dish at your next holiday party or for dinner with your family.
- 1.5 pounds thick-cut bacon slices cut in half
- 2 cans (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup fresh cranberries whole and halved
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap each water chestnut with a half strip of bacon. Insert a toothpick through the center with the seam-side down. Place in a baking dish. Continue wrapping all the water chestnuts, creating a single layer in your baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. Drain off the grease. Be careful when doing this because the pan and grease will be extremely hot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, brown sugar, chili sauce, and cranberries. (For the cranberries, I like a mix of whole cranberries and cranberries that I’ve sliced in half.)
- Pour the sauce over the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts. Return to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe Courtesy of Inspired by Charm: https://inspiredbycharm.com/cranberry-bacon-wrapped-water-chestnuts/