Valentine’s Day is approaching! Celebrate with your loved one by trying this flavorful recipe for dinner.
- 2 1 1/2-inch-thick strip steaks (about 11/2 lbs)
- Kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, in their skins
- 2 bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese (about 1 oz)
- Arugula salad, for serving
- Heat oven to 450°F. Heat large cast-iron skillet on medium-high. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add 1 teaspoon oil to skillet, then add steaks and garlic and cook until steaks are browned, 3 minutes per side.
- Place tomatoes on the vine and rosemary in skillet, drizzle with 2 teaspoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until steak is at desired doneness and tomatoes begin to slightly break down, 3 to 4 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes before serving. Transfer tomatoes and garlic to platter; squeeze garlic cloves from skins.
- In small bowl, combine vinegar, remaining 3 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; stir in onion and fold in blue cheese. Serve steak, tomatoes and garlic drizzled with vinaigrette, and arugula salad.
Recipe Courtesy of Good Housekeeping: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/easy/a22729431/seared-steak-with-blistered-tomatoes-recipe/